Of these, 250 individuals have been hand-picked based on their skills, community involvement, and contribution history. Notably, these select CBs are automatically qualified for the current RPGF (Retroactive Public Goods Funding) Round.
And the door is still open; Namada continues to welcome applications from mission-aligned individuals to join this initiative and qualify for future RPGF rounds.
RPGF Round 1: 10M NAM Allocation
The Anoma Foundation has earmarked 10,000,000 of Namada's native tokens for the first RPGF round. Community Builders will contribute to 40% of the decision-making weightage in the democratic voting process, offering a chance to shape the program's future, while early Public Goods Funding Stewards will contribute the remaining 60%. Voting will happen on the Coordinape platform.
Extended Submission and Voting Periods
Responding to the overwhelming interest in both the CB and RPGF programs, Namada has moved the contribution submissions starting date, due to the time required to get through applications.
The new timeline for CBs to submit their contributions for consideration in the current RPGF Round begins today, October 27, 2023, and runs through November 28, 2023 at 23:59 UTC, after which, contributions won't be considered for the current RPGF round.
Additionally, a week-long voting period will begin on November 26, 2023, featuring both Community Builders and early Public Goods Funding Stewards as voters.
Onboarding Process for Approved Community Builders
1) Upon approval, those accepted into the program will receive the Community Builder role and as a result, they will gain access to designated Discord channels. Be sure to read the pinned messages! The channels are as follows:
2) Orientation on Coordinape:
Community Builders will also be added to the Coordinape voting circle, enabling them to contribute and vote on one another's contributions and profiles (Coordinape will also facilitate an orientation session for voting in the near future to ensure that all CBs know how to use the platform ahead of the upcoming voting period).
Guidelines for Contributions in the RPGF Round
Community builders are encouraged to align their work with Namada's core values, focusing particularly on privacy and blockchain utility. Contributions can span multiple formats and the Coordinape platform will serve as the repository for documenting these contributionsA detailed guideline for contributions is available in the Community Builder Handbook.
Documenting Your Contributions
Namada encourages all Community Builders to carefully document their contributions by following a straightforward process:
a) Create a contribution that aligns with Namada's contribution guidelines.
b) Contributions will be documented in both the #cb-contributions forum. Keep in mind that there is a six-hour cooldown for parent post creation by individual CBs, so be careful what you post.
c) Two types of posts are permitted: Submission Profile posts and Contribution posts.
Submission Profile posts: give an overview of your contributions throughout the current voting epoch.
Contribution posts: focus on specific contributions and may be used to solicit community feedback.
d) Add this contribution from Discord to your profile on Coordinape, so that when the voting period comes up, other CBs can look at your contribution history and allocate GIVE to you.
This architecture enables a transparent, merit-based system for RPGF qualification, with contributions stored on both the Discord and Coordinape platforms for cross-referencing and voting.
Addressing the Larger Community: The ~7,000+ Pending Applicants?
Namada deeply appreciates the fervor and commitment shown by the individuals who applied but have not yet been selected for the Community Builders Program. Recognizing the importance of every voice in this initiative, Namada is introducing a specific 'cb-applicant' role within its Discord community. This role comes with access to a dedicated low-permission channel.
In this designated environment, participants are encouraged to engage by amplifying Namada's media and messages. Although these individuals are not eligible for the current RPGF round, their sustained involvement creates a pathway for potential eligibility in upcoming funding rounds.
This particular channel will officially open its doors on Monday, October 30th, inviting all 'cb-applicants' to take an active role in the collective endeavor to shape the future of digital privacy.
Next Steps and Ongoing Evaluation Criteria
Namada continues to accept new applications to its Community Builder program, with the onboarding process for approved individuals following the aforementioned procedures.
By joining the program, you have an opportunity not just to contribute but to shape the future of digital privacy.
Explore Namada's architecture and possibilities by setting up a local network. Experiment, innovate, and understand.
Namada is a Proof-of-Stake Layer 1 blockchain protocol that delivers multichain, asset-agnostic privacy. Utilizing advanced zk-SNARKs technology, Namada facilitates indistinguishable transactions for various assets in its unique Multi-Asset Shielded Pool (MASP). Developed by Heliax in the Anoma ecosystem, Namada is working toward a future where digital asset privacy becomes the norm, not the exception.